Experience shows that for large and sophisticated planning projects the first steps are of the utmost importance: Carefully prepared data that contain all the information needed for planning create the basis for sound planning results.
Logistics Designer includes powerful data manipulation tools that quickly and reliably transform available rough data into information that is appropriate for strategic planning. It covers everything from modeling the data structure to import, geo-coding, and plausibility checks.
Customized Planning - Customized Data and Information
Every planning project has its own requirements and specifications that you can simulate using Logistics Designer's flexible data model. You select the data sources, level of detail, how many fields and additional information to be used.
- Import interfaces for Excel, Access, CSV, and relational databases.
- Flexible level of detail for all information, from aggregated data to shipment and item levels.
- Simple field configuration for extra project-specific information.
- Rule-based shipment generator for simulating demand fluctuation, frequency variations, and sensitivity analyses.
Progress Systematically from Rough Data to Verified Planning Information
Addresses may be incomplete, volumes unknown, numbers contradictory: Logistics Designer systematically examines data and eliminates stumbling blocks, improves data quality, and enhances planning information with additional data.
- Automatic geo-coding and distance calculation combined with missing and wrong address remedy.
- Plausibility check using standard and ad hoc analyses.
- Planning information is prepared using a rule-based engine for mass data or individual data records.
- Freely definable rules for generating additional information (e.g. classifications, volumes).
- Repeatable check and correction routines for incomplete and flawed data.